Call for Papers PDF - Download Here
The Edugaming Conference Committee is seeking proposals from the academic, creative, and industrial communities
for the second annual conference. This event is underwritten by an Advanced Technological Education Grant from
the National Science Foundation and will take place at Lehigh Carbon Community College.
With a focus on physical and computer games that reinforce learning, this conference will focus on active
presentations that get the attendees involved and engaged.
Through this annual event, we aim to disseminate the most recent, groundbreaking work on both physical and
computer games used as tools for education and learning. This includes games that teach beyond the core subjects.
The Edugaming Conference is for K-12 & College educators, academics, students and industry leaders to come together
with the goal of making educational games as effective and useful as possible.
Presentations with active components are preferred. Reviewers are looking for innovative practices, new ideas,
and active learning opportunities.
Submissions will be accepted until June 5, 2015.
Who Should Attend:
Types of submission:
Panels or Presentations
- K-12 & College Educators interested in using or already using games in their classrooms
- Academics working in Game Based Learning
- Companies that create Educational Games
- Curriculum Designers
- Game Developers
- K-12 Administrators
- Government Officials interested in Game Based Learning
- Interested College and University Students
Submissions are solicited of panels or presentations that address the following:
- Best Practices for Using Games in the K-12 & College Classroom
- Educational Game Curriculum & Course Design
- University and College Classrooms
- Integrating Games into Curriculum Design @ K-12 Level
- Perspectives from the Educational Games Industry
- Creating Effective Educational Games
- Game Development for Governmental Use
- Benefits of Game-Based Learning
- Industry Best Practices
- Cover Sheet - which includes the title, name, address, phone numbers, and email address of
- Presentation Title - Max 10 words
- Presentation Summary - Short description of your session that will be suitable for inclusion in
the program and on the website to introduce the panel or presentation. Maximum 100 words.
- Presentation Plan - Provide a brief overview of your proposed session. Identify how your
presentation relates to the conference theme and which conference topics your session will
- Time Required - Choose either a 50 minute session or double session (to accommodate longer
- AV Requirements - A screen and computer connection will be provided, but please let us know
if anything else is needed.
All speakers will be required to register for the conference at a reduced rate.
Do you have a computer game or physical game that effectively teaches a concept?
We are looking for the submission of games that are playable. They will be featured at the Edugaming
Conference where the attendees will get the opportunity to play the games. Your game does not need to
be complete, but must be playable. All types of games are welcome.
Please Email (email@example.com
- The title of the game
- The name, address, phone numbers, and email address of each person who will present
- A summary of the game and the educational concept it covers
- A synopsis of no more than 100 words that will be suitable for inclusion in the program and on the
- Either a short video or photos of the game for inclusion in our program and website
|May 15, 2015 ||Deadline for submission in all categories|
|June 12, 2015||Notification of acceptance|
|June 30, 2015||Deadline for providing names and affiliations for all participants|
|July 20, 2015||Deadline to Register for the conference|
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the Edugaming Conference Advisory Board.
If you have any questions please contact Lynne Pruneski, Conference Operations Coordinator, at